Friday, August 29, 2008

MY*SPACE

O K I have allowed my kids to have a My*Space page...Before the lynch mob starts to form yes I know that they are not "old" enough and I have lied to secure said page. With that being said I just want to say I Love it. I Love it. I Looooove it, Both kids have them and had gotten them at roughly the start of 5th grade. They do not know their own log in info so no unauthorized spacin and they are obviously set to private with all comments needing my approval. I feel like it is a really valuable parenting tool, it's like a window into their friends home. The little turds act like no one else can see the info that they put out there. On a couple of different occasions I have been shocked by what I saw on the pages of kids that I have known since my kiddies were in preschool, kids who by all appearances came from good homes. I guess my shock at behavior may not fall into line with other peoples. I am shocked by swearing out of a 10 or 12 year old and certain graphics that have a sexual reference. The greater majority of time the pages are appropriate and the ones who aren't just give me a kind of "watch list" so I have some idea what they are thinking even if they are just trying something out. I find it is pretty close to what they are when you start really paying attention. Be careful what you put out there kiddies someones momma might be watching..

Julie

No comments: