Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back to work...

Well Summer is over...The pool is drained and it is time to get back to work/school. I will be working at a different building in the same district this year. The building I am moving from houses all the pre-k to 2nd grade students in the district. The building I am moving to has the children that are 3rd to 5th grade. Excited..Not so much... I have a few concerns about the move. My job for the last 2 years has been a 1 on 1 aide position to an Autistic boy. The Autism makes him very rigid and difficult when it comes to change and in turn makes for a very hard few months until he gets in to a routine but, that is something that we have dealt with in the past and we will surely get through. The building that we are moving to has a cat walk that leads from the playground directly into his neighborhood just 2 blocks from his home. No big deal right....Wrong when he gets upset he runs, and let me just tell ya the boy can run. Another concern is that he has some behaviors that may not be so well received with kids that are getting older, for example he likes to touch girls hair..AH NO..and he says things like "Your pretty"..well that kinda creeps little girls out.. So I guess it is going to be an adjustment. He is such a sweet boy and it is going to break my heart see the same kids that have been his friends pull away from him because he is different. I hope all my worries are for nothing and everything will work out just fine.

Julie

No comments: